Wednesday 18 August 2010

Day at Kingston Lacy with Charlie Waite

Was given an amazing 40th birthday present by my wife and friends - a workshop with Charlie Waite at Kingston Lacy.  Good to listen to Charlie and his wealth of experience in and enthusiasm for landscape photography.  Came away with some good tips for light, exposure and composition as well as some options on my camera that I hadn't yet discovered.  Shame the day had to end!

One of the things that stuck in my mind was the fact the Ansel Adams reckoned on taking 12 good shots a year.  Now his definition of "good" may be slightly different to mine, but it really encouraged me to get out there and take photographs.  So often, I get discouraged with mediocre shots; but I guess you got to take them to take the good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment